Samira comes with over 11 years of analytics experience in various capacities across multiple organisations. Samira leverages her data science core skills to develop business solutions by combining business acumen, data, analytics and technology. Her experiences range from designing data and analytics solutions based on the business need, conceptualising the business questions and leading teams of data professionals to develop solutions. She has also taken lead roles for technical and quality assurance in projects that she has delivered. She has delivered big data and analytics projects in Financial Services, Technology & Media and Transport sectors whilst managing CXO level stakeholders. Samira’s keen interest are in all aspects of data life cycle from storage to processing and analytics including relational and NoSQL engines. She is particularly interested in Graph databases, modelling and machine learning and truly enjoys leading teams of technical and business analysts whilst being client facing and cater solutions to clients’ requirements.
Analytics and Data Science Director, THE CENTER OF APPLIED DATA SCIENCE
• Leading the Data Science team to deliver Data and Analytics solutions ranging
from developing systems to delivering training to Public and Private sectors.
Senior Data Scientist and Lead on Graph Databases, DELOITTE ANALYTICS
• Lead a team of Data Scientists and Analysts on big data and analytics project
delivery, building prototypes and PoCs.
• Managed clients on the CXO level from FSI, Media, Transport Industries and the
Data Scientist, Business Architecture and Group Technology, AXA UK
• Responsible for setting up Data Science practice and Big Data adoption in AXA UK
Corporate Centre and 5 Operating Companies in Insurance and Wealth
Data Scientist, Elevate Business & Customer Experience, AXA UK
• Identifying use cases to address big data challenges and drive value from it across
AXA Wealth, encompassing consultancy from data strategy through to technology
• Implementing and deploying analytics functions and capabilities
• Design and delivery of strategic analytics programmes to drive growth
• Leadership roles in managing Data Scientist Teams
• Financial Services and Insurance
• Technology, Media, Telecommunications
• Masters in Data Science
• Masters in Technology Management
• BSc Software Engineering